We have published notes on:
- Enduring powers of attorney
- Life-interest wills
- Common "reasons" for not forming a family trust (and why they are incorrect)
- The benefits of having a corporate trustee for your family trust
- How to set up a corporate trustee for your family trust
- Funeral trusts
- Executors' liability periods (when can you distribute money to beneficiaries
You are welcome to download these notes by clicking on the titles. The notes are PDF files and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. You can obtain a reader application here.
Our publications provide general information only. Please consult us for specific advice before you act on the information in our publications.
Asset protection and family trusts
We have put together comprehensive notes on trusts and asset protection. We would like feedback on our notes and we ask you to email us at email@example.com to obtain your free copy. We will contact you at a later date to offer you a free 30-minute meeting to see whether trusts could help your family and yourself. There is no obligation to instruct us.
Links to other useful resources
Here are some links to government departments and other organisations that may have information you need.
- Births, Deaths and Marriages (Department of Internal Affairs)
- Real Estate Agents' Authority
- Information about residential care from the Ministry of Health
- Tenancies: information for landlords and tenants (Tenancy Services)
- Weathertightness (MBIE's Weathertight Services)
- Intellectual Property Office: registering patents and trademarks
- Setting up and maintaining companies (Companies Office)
- Setting up in business (MBIE's advice for small businesses)