Privacy and information law
Getting sound privacy advice is important both for individuals and for businesses. Getting privacy wrong can cause serious harm to individuals, can damage a business' reputation, and can cost significant amounts of money and time to put right.
Areas in which we can help include:
- advising on privacy complaints
- privacy breach prevention and management
- developing privacy policies and training staff
- information sharing, including approved information sharing agreements
- helping agencies with privacy impact assessments
- advice on the privacy implications of technology-based services including data analytics, cloud computing and social media
- litigation under the Privacy Act, the tort of privacy or breach of confidence
We can also advise on other aspects of information law, including
- the Official Information Act
- the Harmful Digital Communications Act
For advice on privacy or information law, please contact Katrine Evans.