Buying and selling businesses
Many people aspire to have their own business. But when you have a business, there are many pitfalls and hurdles to avoid, not to mention government hoops to jump through. It is essential that you get the best advice, which takes into account your goals and protects you before you commit to purchasing the business.
When you sell a business, it's equally important to get good advice so the transaction can be structured to your best advantage.
We can assist you with:
- drafting and negotiating contracts
- advice on leases
- financing your business
- warranties on performance and turnover
- apportioning goodwill
- GST and other tax implications
- risk and insurance options
- trademark and copyright issues
- competition restraints
- joint venture, partnership and shareholder agreements.
For practical and comprehensive advice, contact Roger Hayman, John Evans or Wendy Lindsay.